Seeing as I have been working on my list for almost five months now, I thought that I should quickly post an update about what I have been able to tick off my list. Each item will have it’s own blog post over the next few weeks, and I will post a round up every couple of months. I have been having so much fun completing these goals, and planning which ones to complete next.
1. Come up with 101 things. (Clearly already done)
2. Make 5 new friends through my blog.
3. Complete a color run.
4. Professionally redesign my blog.
5. Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop.
6. Learn how to do calligraphy.
7. Complete 5 craft projects from Pinterest.
8. Write down the birthdays and addresses of all of my friends and family in a book.
9. Put £10 into savings for each goal completed.
10. Kiss under mistletoe.
11. Bake something from Pinterest.
12. Knit an item of clothing. (Currently in progress)
13. Go to New York for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
14. Donate blood 10 times.
15. Have afternoon tea. (With my mum at The Britannia Hotel)
16. Start my own company.
17. Invest in quality business cards.
18. Buy my parents something significant.
19. Send 50 handwritten letters.
20. Learn how to use chopsticks.
21. Take a baking lesson.
22. Send my mum flowers out of the blue. (On Christmas Eve)
23. Get a facial.
24. Read 20 new books.
25. Attend a polo match.
26. Learn to drive.
27. Buy a car.
28. Send a postcard to PostSecret.
29. Have a real Christmas tree.
30. Go on holiday.
31. Be in Times Square for New Years Eve.
32. Ride a horse.
33. Drink 8 glasses of water a day for a month.
34. Purchase a pair of designer shoes.
35. Purchase a designer handbag.
36. Visit 5 museums.
37. Make a snow angel.
38. Watch every Disney film.
39. Have breakfast in bed.
40. Go to the zoo.
41. Build a snowman.
42. Fly first class.
43. Do something special with my brother.
44. Enroll for a new degree/qualification. (Postgraduate Degree starts next month!!)
45. Redecorate my bedroom.
46. Watch 10 different TED talks. (Completed about six times)
47. Try yoga.
48. Sort out my Amazon wishlists.
49. Begin paying into my pension. (Joined my company’s pension scheme in March ’14)
50. Sort out my Good Reads account.
51. Pay off my student credit card.
52. Sell 200 items on eBay.
53. Buy no new cosmetics until I have used all the ones I currently own.
54. Make 20 different soups.
55. Bake a rainbow layer cake.
56. Donate to a different charity every month.
57. Buy 5 items from Etsy and do a feature on each seller.
58. Take three short courses/classes.
59. Get paid for a published article.
60. Organize my iTunes library.
61. Buy luxurious/fancy bedding.
62. Teach a class.
63. Carve a pumpkin for Halloween.
64. Visit Disney World and Disney Land.
65. Learn to identify 10 constellations by sight.
66. Complete level one British Sign Language.
67. Learn to sign 20 words in ASL.
68. Find three things to do as new holiday traditions and do them every Christmas for the duration of the 1001 days.
69. Blog about each goal completion (weekly round ups if needed)
70. Try 20 new restaurants.
71. Grow a plant from a seed.
72. Build a blanket fort.
73. Go to a botanical garden.
74. Have a birthday party.
75. Go to a book signing.
76. Go to an aquarium.
77. Give someone a handmade gift.
78. Ask 10 people what their favorite book is and then read them all. (1/10 done)
79. Spend the night in a five star hotel.
80. Write a business plan.
81. Give £5 to charity for every goal not achieved.
82. Build a sand castle.
83. Find a mentor.
84. Clear out my email inbox.
85. Try three foods I’ve never had before.
86. Contribute to another blog.
87. Master SEO.
88. Become more confident in networking.
89. Spend an entire day in bed watching documentaries.
90. Learn to apply liquid eyeliner.
91. Host a giveaway on my blog.
92. Interview 5 female entrepreneurs that inspire me.
93. Attend a blogging conference.
94. Sleep under the stars.
95. Spend one day saying ‘yes’ to every opportunity.
96. Make a list of 101 quotes that inspire me.
97. Complete 10 random acts of kindness.
98. Be kissed in the rain.
99. Have a picnic.
100. Be in bed before 10pm every day for one month.
101. Watch 40 new (to me) movies.
So far I have completed 6/101 things on my list, and whilst that may not seem like a lot, I feel as though I have been making steady progress. If you would have asked me yesterday, I would have been able to correctly guess around half of the goals on this list, and it feels really good to go over them again and to re-inspire myself to achieve them.
I am really looking forward to being able to cross a few goals off this list over the summer, and I would love to read everyone else’s list. Leave the link to them in the comments section!